WooCommerce releases new updated mobile app for store management.
The first app was only available on IOS, but this update is available in both Apple’s App Store and Google Play.
Manage WooCommerce On The Go
The new WooCommerce Mobile App puts WooCommerce in a small business owner’s pocket for at-a-glance metrics, notifications, and more.
- Track your store: See which products are performing best and check overall revenue, and view order and visitor data by day, week, month, or year.
- Manage orders: Scroll, filter, or look up specific orders. Tap to view order information — including product(s), value, customer data, shipping details, and notes — and do basic order fulfillment.
- Real-time order alerts: Get notifications about store activity, including new orders and product reviews. There’s even an optional cha-ching sound!
The app includes detailed documentation for iOS and Android users to help them get the most out of it.
- A device running Android 5.0+ / an iPhone 5s or any models thereafter running iOS 11+.
- The Jetpack plugin (the free plan is fine), connected to the store.
Why is Jetpack Required?
The Jetpack plugin connects a self-hosted site to a WordPress.com account and provides a common authentication interface across lots of server configurations and architectures.
Both Apple and Google only allow a single trusted sender for pushes for security reasons (read more), making Jetpack the best way to give store owners modern mobile app features like push notifications.
As part of the required connection to WordPress.com, Jetpack caches data locally on the WordPress.com servers.
More information about this new app is available here.
Will you try the new WooCommercem mobile app to manage your store? Please use the comments section below or head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.