What do a Nintendo Switch, Hatchimal, and the iPhone 11 Pro have in common?
These are among the most popular selling items on eBay with the potential to fetch some serious cash.
eBay tapped into holiday sales data from 2018 and 2019 to determine the trending items across a variety of categories and their average selling prices.
The iPhone 11 Pro is the most popular tech gadget on eBay, being nearly 60% more popular than the iPhone 11.
And although the Monopoly board game was eBay’s top selling toy last holiday season – Fortnite Monopoly and Monopoly for Millennials secured the top two spots – Hatchimals beat Monopoly for most popular toy in 2019.
If you have any of these products lying around, it’s time to get selling.
Many of this year’s top selling products can even bring in close to the same amount as their retail value when sold on the marketplace.
“At eBay, we’re always looking to help our community of sellers understand what people are buying and arm them with the right tools for success. Whether you have a surplus of inventory, unused items taking up space or gifts that weren’t quite right, there’s always someone among eBay’s millions of buyers who want to purchase what you’re selling. This year, hot tech, toys and sneakers are what’s in-demand – happy listing!”
Marni Levine, VP, Seller Operations and Engagement
The Full List of Top Trends Include:
2019 Top 5 Sneakers to Sell Now
1. Nike Air Force 1 Low – $125
2. Air Jordan Breds – $211
3. Nike Air Max 1 – $121
4. Nike Kyrie 5 – $176
5. Nike Air Max 720 – $116
2019 Top 5 Gaming Items to Sell Now
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – $35
2. Luigi’s Mansion 3 – $46
3. Nintendo Switch – $227
4. Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order – $51
5. Nintendo Game Boy – $63
2019 Top 5 Home Items to Sell Now
1. Instant Pot – $64
2. Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer – $229
3. Nest Smart Learning 3rd Generation Thermostat – $132
4. Vitamix Blender – $207
5. Dyson Airwrap – $411
2019 Top 5 Tech Items to Sell Now
1. iPhone 11 Pro – $850
2. iPhone XR – $371
3. Roku Ultra – $60
4. FitBit Versa 2 – $145
5. iPhone 11 – $608
2019 Top 5 Toys To Sell Now
1. Hatchimals – $22
2. Hot Wheels id – $20
3. LEGO Ideas Ship in a Bottle – $75
4. LEGO Hidden Side – $25
5. Friends Central Perk – $73
3 Steps to Selling More on eBay
To ensure you’re optimizing your sales in the New Year, here are a few tips for selling on eBay:
1. List It: It takes less than a minute to sell. Simply scan the barcode or enter a description of the item, snap a photo, select the condition and click “list your item.”
2. Ship It: When your item sells, just drop it in the mail. Print with eBay labels and get a discount on shipping.
• Through eBay, you can print FedEx and USPS shipping labels at a discounted rate. If you prefer UPS, you can join the UPS Saving Program.
3. Get Paid: Put money in your pocket by signing up for PayPal for free to get paid on eBay.
Selling on eBay is simple – list it, ship it and get paid – from the eBay app or desktop.
Do you have these items ready to sell?
Please use the comments section below or head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.