Payment processing company Square is introducing Square Online Checkout, an online checkout link or button that allows retailers and bloggers to accept payments without having to build an online store.
Square Online Checkout quickly generates a checkout link or button for any product, service, membership, and other offerings that can be sold online.
It is even possible to post a purchase link over email, text message, or on social media, enabling brick and mortar retailers or services to offer an online purchase and payment channel quickly and easily.
How to Use Square Online Checkout
On Social Media
A checkout link can be added to the Instagram bio, in a direct message, or within a Facebook post. This allows merchants to sell featured items, services, or provide a way for supporters to donate via social media channels.
If a merchant announces a new product or service in an email campaign or e-newsletter, the seller can embed a checkout button to allow customers to purchase the offering directly from their inbox.
Through an Existing Website
Merchants that may have an existing website or blog can easily add a link or checkout button for seamless online purchases.
Benefits of Square Online Checkout
- Easy to create: Create a Square Online Checkout link, just give the product or service for which to accept payment a name and a price.
- Shareable link or button: Turn almost anywhere online into a new sales channel. Bring ecommerce to a social media post, email, website, blog, portfolio, and more.
- Sell to many: Simultaneously sell on multiple channels and accept payment from numerous customers. Go beyond one-to-one payment tools.
- Beyond selling: Accept donations and membership dues either as a one-time payment or set up recurring payments.
- Hassle-free transactions: No special apps to download. Simple checkout means customers only have to enter three pieces of info to complete a purchase. Accept all major credit cards and debit cards, plus Apple Pay and Google Pay for an even more streamlined checkout experience.
- No monthly fees: Pay only when making a sale — just 9% + 30¢ per transaction.
Square Checkout is now available to all existing and new Square merchants.
If you like to talk about this story
Please head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.