This year Shopify is releasing insights into sales data from their 600,000 plus merchants. While this is metadata, it still is an interesting look at what and where SMB merchants are selling.
- Shopify merchants generated over $573 million USD in total sales during Black Friday
At their peak, Shopify merchants generated over $870,000 USD sales per minute during Black Friday
- Shopify merchants generated over $37 million USD sales per hour at the peak during Black Friday
- Mobile shopping continues to exceed desktop, with 63% of orders coming from either phones or tablets, and desktop sales making up 37%.
- Before 2:30 PM EST, 2018 Black Friday Shopify GMV surpassed the total Shopify GMV of Black Friday 2017.
- $86.37 was the average shopping cart order price during Black Friday
Top 10 purchasing states in America on Black Friday were:
- New York
- New Jersey
Top 10 purchasing countries on Black Friday were:
- United States
- United Kingdom
Top 10 purchasing cities in the world on Black Friday were:
- New York
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- San Diego
The top 10 selling product categories on Black Friday were:
- Shirts & Tops
- Coats & Jackets
- Packages from Shopify merchants will be shipped over 13.5 billion miles during Black Friday, surpassing total Shopify merchant shipping distance of Black Friday and Cyber Monday in 2017
- 18.39% of orders will be shipped cross-border (internationally) during Black Friday
How did your business do on Black Friday? Please use the comments section below or head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.