Are you ready to shop, eat and celebrate with the small businesses in your neighborhood this holiday season?
American Express revealed its lineup of community programs for the ninth annual Small Business Saturday, taking place nationwide on November 24.
Small Business Saturday, founded by American Express in 2010, is held each year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving to encourage people to shop at independently owned businesses online and at storefronts across the country.
“When you Shop Small, you are backing the small businesses that strengthen and diversify our communities. We’re extremely proud of how Small Business Saturday has grown over the past nine years.”
Elizabeth Rutledge, Chief Marketing Officer at American Express
Etsy Part of Small Business Saturday for Second Year in a Row
American Express and Etsy have teamed up for the second year in a row to celebrate online small business owners from coast to coast.
On Small Business Saturday, Etsy sellers will host pop-up markets in San Francisco, Austin, D.C., and Boston, as destinations to shop locally crafted, one-of-a-kind items this holiday season.
Austin: Shop Small x Pop Shop Austin
- When: Saturday, November 24, 10am – 6pm
- Where: Springdale Station, 979 Springdale, Austin, TX 78702
Boston: Shop Small x Etsy Makers at Bow Market
- When: Saturday, November 24, 9am – 8pm
- Where: Bow Market, 1 Bow Market Way, Somerville, Massachusetts 02143
Washington, D.C.: Shop Small x District Rebel
- When: Saturday, November 24, 11am – 5pm
- Where: Union Market DC, 1309 5th St NE, Washington, District of Columbia 20002
San Francisco: Shop Small x SF Etsy Indie Holiday Emporium
- When: Saturday, November 24 and Sunday, November, 11am – 5pm
- Where: Pier 35 (The Historic SF Cruise Terminal) 1454 The Embarcadero San Francisco, CA 94124
The participating Etsy Small Business Saturday locations are part of Etsy Local events which are held around the country throughout the year.
For a list of Etsy Local events, follow this link.
If you are in one of the participating cities, do you plan to attend the Etsy and American Express Small Business Saturday event? Let us know in the comments section below or head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.