Our thoughts go out to all affected by the 7.0 magnitude earthquake that struck outside of Anchorage, Alaska on November 30, 2018.
If there is any disruption to your business, please contact customer service at 1 (866) 540-3229 to request protections against incidents that may impact your Seller Performance status. What this means:
- Stock-outs due to earthquake damage or unresolved cases with buyers will not impact your performance status
- Your late shipment rate will not be impacted.
If you are able to, there are a few things you can do now to help protect your business:
- Communicate with buyers whose items have not yet been shipped and let them know your situation.
- End any auctions and take down any Buy It Now listings before they result in a sale. We will not charge a fee for ending a listing early.
- If you are an eBay Stores subscriber, place your store in vacation mode and extend your handling time on all items to when you think you can get back to business.
- For more information, read our natural disaster checklist blog.
- If you are having troubles with internet access, eBay can help you make the necessary changes. Please contact customer service at 1 (866) 540-3229 and update them on your situation.
We are sending our support to those impacted.
Sellers Sending to Alaska
While this notice is mostly for sellers in Alaska, those sellers that have sent packages to Alaska may also find they could be delayed.
USPS as of today says all operations are back to normal, so this is not an ongoing concern and only would impact a very small number of shipments.
If you had issues with deliveries to Alaska and like to comment on this story, please use the comments section below or head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.