Last week eBay announced seller performance protections for late shipments that included:
- Tracking shows a physical carrier scan any time within the stated handling time of the seller’s listing.
- Buyer answers “Yes” to item arrived on-time when leaving feedback.
- Tracking shows a delivery scan within the latest delivery date for the shipping service selected.
This evening, the company expanded the seller performance protections further that applies to all transactions occurring from November 15 through December 31.
eBay will automatically remove any defects for “item not received” cases closed without seller resolution as well as associated negative or neutral feedback if these conditions are met:
- Tracking was uploaded and has a physical scan from the carrier before the case was opened.
- A delivery scan shows the item was delivered after the case was closed.
- In addition, these cases will not impact your service metrics rating.
eBay will also remove negative or neutral feedback related to a late delivery automatically if an item arrives late but tracking shows that the seller shipped on time.
“We recognize it’s in your nature to immediately make things right for the buyer, but given unprecedented and unpredictable shipping delays, cases may take longer to resolve. We ask that you keep lines of communication with your buyers open. We are asking them to be patient. For items in transit, we are keeping cases open for 10 more days from the time a buyer asked eBay to step in to allow additional time for the item to be delivered,” the company said in the note to sellers.
In addition, eBay has added the following message that buyers see when they view their tracking information on eBay to let them know there may delays and to allow extra time:
Here is some additional information for sellers that may help while working with buyers to better understand the current shipping situation in the US.
- eBay Recognizes Shipping Delays And Offers Seller Performance Protection From Late Deliveries
- How UPS and FedEx are hiding Christmas shipping delays
- The U.S. Postal Service Delays Could Ruin Christmas For Many
- A big winter storm could delay more USPS, UPS and FedEx Christmas shipments
Connect With Us And Other Small Business Owners
Please head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.