Recently we posted that Google had decided to remove direct integrations with some shopping platforms that made it easy for merchants to publish to manage their Google Shopping campaigns.
The search giant only offered these integrations to a select group of platforms and stated they decided they wanted to focus development on universal access to their platform.
This news left some merchants scrambling to find an alternative.
BigCommerce was the only cloud based platform that had this tight integration with Google Shopping and to help its sellers, they have stepped up and are providing a new tool.
One benefit of using a cloud-based eCommerce platform is that they are more reactive to such changes versus open source platforms. And BigCommerce stepped up to fill the void by working with a partner to quickly provide a new tool to their merchants.
This week BigCommerce, in partnership with Sales & Orders, launched a brand new Google Shopping integration that allows BigCommerce merchants the ability to configure and generate product data easily for Google Shopping feeds.
The new tool can also help merchants automatically optimize Google Adwords campaigns directly within the BigCommerce control panel, saving merchants time, optimizing ad spend and improving sales and conversion rates.
“In close partnership with Google and Sales & Orders, we are committed to providing merchants the industry’s best and most cost-effective tools to generate sales through Google’s suite of commerce solutions. Through our integration, merchants now have a frictionless way to not only list their product catalog in Google Shopping, but extract additional advertising and campaign management value through Sales & Orders’ robust app functionality.”
Russell Klein, chief development officer at BigCommerce
Benefits of The New Google Shopping Management Tool
Through the new Google Shopping by Sales & Orders app, BigCommerce merchants gain access to a host of robust functionality, including:
- Automated feed creation – Merchants can sync their BigCommerce catalog to their Merchant Center account in just a few minutes, and take a hands-off approach to the initial set-up of their feed for use in Google Shopping campaigns.
- Feed diagnostics reporting – The ability to access feed- and item-level error reports enables merchants to quickly diagnose account issues and prioritize vital listing attributes in need of correction.
- Feed inventory management – Merchants can select exactly which products they wish to send to Google Merchant Center, as well as filter groups of products to either add or remove from their feed.
- Product modification – Utilizing a simple, rule-based system, Apparel & Accessories merchants will be able to map required gender and age group attributes for Google Shopping should they not have them pre-set in their store.
- Google category mapping – By taking unique attributes from a merchant’s BigCommerce store and dynamically mapping them to Google-approved feed attributes, merchants can improve the visibility and performance potential of Shopping ads.
- Shopping campaign creation – Through Sales & Orders’ exclusive Easy Campaign Creator tool, merchants can have effective, product-level Google Shopping campaigns built automatically for them, as well as the ability to edit base campaign settings.
Existing BigCommerce merchants that move their Google Shopping campaign management to Sales & Orders have access to discounted rates.
As a special bonus for first-time users, BigCommerce and Sales & Orders offer a credit towards implementing a new Google Shopping ad campaign.
To help merchants get started in migration or using Google Shopping for the first time, BigCommerce, Sales & Orders and Google will be hosting a webinar Wednesday, March 14 at 2:00 pm EST (1:00 pm CT / 11 am PST). To register, click on this link here.
Are you a BigCommerce merchant? If so we would love your feedback on this story. Head over to our Facebook Discussion Group or use the comments section below.