BigCommerce announced that their merchants now have access to Pages with a Facebook Shop to extend their online product inventory within Facebook.
This means that BigCommerce merchants are now able to reach a more engaged shopping audience on Facebook through Facebook’s Marketplace.
According to Facebook data as of May 2018, one in three Facebook users in the U.S. are already using Facebook Marketplace, giving online sellers an opportunity to drive discovery and sales of key products in a place where their consumers are already shopping.
Facebook Marketplace is an online market located in Facebook that allows users to discover, buy and sell items with people in their local community.
Initially launched as a peer-to-peer system for buying and selling locally, similar to Craig’s List, Facebook is extending Marketplace to better serve the way consumers discover, interact with, and buy from online retailers today.
Online merchants using BigCommerce can now tap directly into the Facebook Marketplace community to promote and sell their products.
Benefits of This New Integration
- Free organic distribution for seller’s products: Merchants can simply apply for the program and, based on eligibility, take advantage of organic distribution in Marketplace. Traffic is organic and aligned to a customer’s preferences.
- Products matched to the right people: Consumers want a personalized buying experience, and Facebook Marketplace surfaces product recommendations to consumers based on their preferences. This helps ensure that your product is being seen by the right audience, ultimately resulting in an increased opportunity that the interaction will lead to a purchase.
- No listing fees: Unlike other marketplaces that take a percentage of each sale, Facebook Marketplace has no set listing fees. It truly is just another avenue for merchants to reach potential customers.
Currently, access to Facebook Marketplace by BigCommerce merchants is limited to those sellers with inventory in these categories:
- Apparel (Men & Women)
- Baby & Kids
- Bags & Luggage
- Beauty (Women)
- Home Furnishing
Access to Program
The program is still in limited availability and interested merchants can join a waitlist. BigCommerce will send out an invitation to sellers on the wait list as spots open up.
Alternatively, sellers can also go to the Channel Manager in BigCommerce. Here are the instructions that BigCommerce provided.
- Navigate to the Channel Manager in your BigCommerce account and select Facebook.
- If you haven’t already, set up a Facebook Shop.
- If you haven’t already, enable Facebook Payments.
- Click the “interested” button, located right next to “New! Sell on Facebook Marketplace” within the BigCommerce dashboard
There is no word on how quickly this program will open up to more merchants. Also, currently BigCommerce is the only launch partner for this program, so online retailers will need a BigCommerce store to participate.
Over the last year, Facebook’s Instagram has started to look more like a marketplace and now it appears Facebook is getting a bit more serious about eCommerce.
Last year the company added an integration with eBay specific to Daily Deals, but this is a far more reaching and comprehensive Facebook Marketplace is launching with BigCommerce.
What do you think of this new integration between BigCommerce and Facebook? Let us know in the comments section down below or over on our Facebook Group.