Through this integration, merchants will be able to offer local payment options and alternative payment methods at checkout in over 145 currencies.
According to a recent study, only 42 percent of merchants view the offering of local payment methods to international shoppers of high importance for their business, even though the majority (53%) of shoppers have made an online purchase with a merchant in another country
Adyen supports global credit and debit cards like Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover, as well as local credit and debit cards like WeChat Pay (China), iDeal (Benelux), Giropay (Germany) and ACH Direct Debit (US) so merchants can offer a variety of options that meet the needs of their local and international shoppers.
A dynamic checkout ensures that the consumer will only see the options available for their chosen currency.
“Consumers are more likely to complete the checkout if they can pay using their preferred payment method with home currency, and merchants need access to tools that can provide that localized experience to international shoppers,” said Jim Herbert, EMEA GM for BigCommerce.
Benefits For European And APAC BigCommerce Customers
With Adyen, BigCommerce merchants in Europe and APAC will have the ability to:
- Add most major payment methods to checkout. Adyen easily integrates local payment methods into the checkout so merchants can expand their businesses into any country.
- Manage fraud. Through Adyen’s risk management system RevenueProtect, merchants can create risk rules to minimize fraud without impacting genuine transactions. With supporting gateways, merchants also get access to an additional layer of fraud protection with 3D Secure 2.0 (3DS2).
- Store credit cards. With this integration, merchants will be able to enable credit card vaulting on their website, providing customers a convenient way to get through the checkout process quickly and easily.
- Leverage the latest innovations. The integration will assure that merchants stay up to date with the latest innovations, as updates will automatically be rolled out, giving customers access to new payment experiences and compliance tools such as 3DS2, straight away.
- Reduce risk. As Adyen will collect the sensitive cardholder data securely via the custom card web components within the integration, it will reduce the PCI DSS-compliance requirements for BigCommerce merchants while being fully PCI compliant.
Adyen Trusted Payments Partner For Online Commerce
“Global expansion has just become easier for BigCommerce merchants,” said Roelant Prins, CCO of Adyen. “This new, seamless integration will allow their customers to pay the way they want, no matter where in the world they are. We’re really excited by this partnership and look forward to watching the growth of our new merchants.”
Adyen is a widely trusted payment processor that serves many global customers such as Facebook, Uber, Spotify and provides the technology for the eBay Managed Payments program.