Amazon Brazil announced it has added four more categories of products for Brazil.
Consumers can now buy products from 15 categories sold and delivered by Amazon, including the launch of four new ones: Baby, Beauty, Personal Care and Toys.
Amazon offers free shipping (minimum order R$ 149) and fast delivery options, available for hundreds of thousands of products sold and shipped from their new Distribution Center, located in Cajamar, Greater São Paulo.
With this launch, Amazon.com.br now offers more than 20 million products in 15 categories, including items sold and delivered by Amazon, or by partner sellers, including small and medium-sized Brazilian companies.
“Today’s announcement represents another milestone for us. We are very happy to increase the number of categories and products we offer to our customers, with the commitment to continue bringing the best shopping experience and offers, as we have done since the launch of our operation with books in Brazil for six years.”
Alex Szapiro, Amazon Country Manager in Brazil
An Even Better Consumer Experience
- Catalog – Amazon.com.br offers more than 20 million products in 15 categories, including items sold by local companies, and more than 200,000 books and 120,000 products in stock, sold and delivered from Amazon.com.br.
- Shipping and fast delivery options – Free Shipping for all Brazil in order from R$ 149 for goods sold and delivered by Amazon.com.br. There is also the option of Express Delivery in up to 3 days for capitals and eligible cities in the South, Southeast and Midwest regions. Consumers from the metropolitan areas of São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Belo Horizonte and Curitiba can opt for Priority Delivery and receive their products in 1 to 2 days.
- Questions and Answers – Buyers can now ask questions about a particular product on the page it is offered on the site. Other customers who have already purchased the item, manufacturers and sellers can answer the questions by helping customers clarify their questions so they can make better buying decisions.
Hundreds of Offers
The Amazon.com.br store offers discount prices on hundreds of products from top brands:
- Up to 50% discount on products of categories Personal Care, Beauty and Baby, including items from brands such as Pampers, Gillette, L’Oreal, Mustela, Skip Hop, Chicco, Maxi-Cosi and Taiff.
- Up to 40% off a selection of Tools, Home & Cleaning, Kitchen and Toys products including items from brands like Nespresso, Veja, Black & Decker, KitchenAid, Tramontina, Mattel and Hasbro.
- Up to 30% off in Electronics, Cell Phones, Stationery & Office, including items from brands such as Motorola, GoPro, Acer, SanDisk, Multilaser, Tilibra, Epson and Faber-Castell.
- Lovers of gastronomy will be able to enjoy a special selection of kitchen products and cookbooks with curators signed by chef Rita Lobo at amazon.com.br/panelinha.
History of Amazon in Brazil
- The best destination for those who love to read – Amazon.com.br offers the largest catalog of books in the country, with more than 18 million titles, printed and including more than 200,000 titles in Portuguese and more than 100,000 works by independent Brazilian authors who published books using Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP), Amazon’s self-publishing tool.
- Kindle: Helping Brazilians Read More – Reading with Kindle e-readers or the Kindle Reading Application made eBooks more accessible, since digital books are on average 30% cheaper than print titles. With Kindle Unlimited readers have access to more than one million titles for only R$ 19.90 per month.
- Sales Partners – At Amazon.co.uk you can find millions of products offered by local companies of all sizes and sizes in categories like Fashion, Sports, Books, Electronics, Home & Kitchen, Tools, Stationery and more. With today’s launch, Amazon invites local companies to offer products in the new categories of Personal Care, Toys, Baby and Beauty.
- A unique streaming experience with Amazon Prime Video and Fire TV Stick Basic Edition – Fire TV Stick Basic Edition is a streaming video device that allows users to access thousands of movies, series, applications and games on any television. And with Amazon Prime Video customers can enjoy Prime Prime series such as American Gods, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Man in the High Castle, The Romanoffs and more.
- Fast and efficient customer support – Amazon Customer Care is accessible in just a few clicks. Customers can just go to the amazon.com.br/ajuda page, or click on “Fale Conosco” on the home page, and follow the instructions to request an Amazon associate to contact buyers without having to call or wait in line.
Long-term Commitment to Brazil
- With the opening of the new 47,000 m² Distribution Center in the Greater São Paulo region, Amazon creates hundreds of direct jobs and indirect, which are added to the more than one thousand and four hundred jobs since 2012 in Brazil.
- Currently, Amazon has more than 140 open positions in Brazil in full time and internship vacancies. For more information about jobs, go to jobs.amazon.com.
- The Amazon Technology Development Center in São Paulo has more than 100 developers working on innovations for customers in Brazil and worldwide.
- Amazon works with tens of thousands of local businesses and individuals, enabling them to find new customers and expand their business by selling on Amazon.com.br or independently launching books with Kindle Direct Publishing.
- In Brazil since 2011, Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers a highly reliable, scalable, secure and low-cost cloud infrastructure platform that drives companies across Latin America from their three Availability Zones located in Brazil.
READ MORE: Amazon Expands eCommerce Footprint in Brazil
What are your thoughts about Amazon’s expansion in Brazil? Please use the comments section below or head over to our Facebook Group for Small Business Sellers and interact with other small business owners.