The Amazon Academy program is a series of free events to help small businesses succeed in the digital economy. Since 2016, more than 3,000 SMEs have attended Amazon Academies across the UK to learn how to scale their business.
I was one of the attendees when the Amazon Academy came to Manchester in 2017 (See the vlog here) It is a great opportunity to get face to face with Amazon, and this is perhaps one of the greatest values from the event.
As a small business owner (or someone thinking of starting your own business), you will learn how to use the power of the internet and technology to boost productivity, grow your export sales and build your brand (if a brand owner).
You will be able to hear from a range of Amazon speakers who will provide advice and insights on growing your sales on Amazon, as well as a selection of independent experts who can advise on the broader issues facing businesses today. Attendees will also have the chance to go behind the scenes of Amazon’s Rugeley fulfilment centre during the day.
What happens on the day?
In the morning, you’ll be able to find out how you can make the most of the digital opportunity as a small business, with insight from Amazon, Enterprise Nation and other independent experts and successful entrepreneurs.
Ever wondered how Amazon delivers for its customers? Event attendees can go on a behind the scenes tour of Amazon Rugeley’s fulfilment centre and see what happens when you click ‘buy’ on Amazon.co.uk.
Tours will begin every 15 minutes and will last 30 minutes. All guests must wear flat, closed-toe and closed-heel shoes (no sandals or high heels) comfortable shoes/trainers are recommended. Hair which falls below the shoulders should be tied back, and no photos are allowed to be taken during the tour.
You’ll also enjoy a networking lunch with fellow entrepreneurs and experts.
If you would like to create your Amazon Selling Account prior to the event, make sure to follow this link here.
The Amazon Academy Agenda
- 08.30am: Option to take a morning tour of the Amazon fulfilment centre before the talks begin
- 09.30am: Registration and morning refreshments
- 10:00am: Welcome from Emma Greenfield, head of events and campaigns, Enterprise Nation
- 10:05am: Welcome from John Barlow, senior business manager, Amazon
- 10:15am: Introduction to Selling on Amazon
- 10:45am: Marketing and advertising – How to showcase your products
- 11:15am: Morning refreshments
- 11:40am: Going global – Reach new customers across the world through Amazon
- 12:10pm: Meet the entrepreneur. Q&A with a successful entrepreneur selling both online and offline.
- Zamir Cajee, founder, iQualTech
- 12:40pm: Meet the independent experts and successful entrepreneurs who can help you grow your business – Audience Q&A hosted by Enterprise Nation
- Matt Smith, Partner, Abel & Imray
- Christine Hancock, international trade adviser, Department for International trade
- Neil Phillips, ICAEW
- Representative from the Chamber of Commerce
- 1:05pm: Introduction to Amazon’s fulfilment network
- 1:10pm: Lunch, networking and further tours of the Amazon fulfilment centre
- 2.00pm: Event ends
If you are interested in attending the Amazon Academy we would recommend reserving your spot ASAP. Tickets are free but spaces are limited and they do fill up fast.
You can get your tickets here.
Have you been to an Amazon Academy before? Will you be attending this one? Let us know in the comments below or over on our Facebook Group.